As the name suggests, Flexx Tall is a version of the Flexx Original wheelchair, specifically designed for tall people. It has extended seat depth for longer legs. It Equipped with a full range adjustable features, including rear wheel axle position, backrest angle, backrest height, and seat depth, armrest height, just to name a few. With the elliptical-frame design, the Flexx Tall wheelchair is not only stylish but also robust and durable. Flexx Tall is available in both transit (attendant propelled) and self-propel variants.
Flexx Tall is highly configurable to suit varying needs. By changing the position of the rear wheel axle, you change the centre of gravity of the wheelchair and with it change the performance of the wheelchair. Moving the rear wheels back will increase the base area, therefore making the chair most stable. Moving the rear wheels forward will decrease the base area, allowing the caster to roll and swivel more easily. The ideal position is based on the individual’s weight, height, and strength. By changing the centre of gravity, the Flexx can be configured to meet the preference of the user.
Armrest and Legrest Options.
Armrests: Flexx has four armrests to choose from, the Standard (included), Ergonomic Arm-pad, Boat Arm-pad, and the Hemi Arm-pad. Get the Boat Arm-pad for the extra length and width or the Hemi Arm-pad for the extra curved cut and the rotating comfort. All armrests retain the ability to flip back completely.
Legrests: Flexx is supplied with adjustable, swing away legrests as standard. In addition there are 4 optional legrests available:
- 1) Articulating Legrests – extend in length as they are elevated to provide optimal comfort and support.
- 2) Amputee Legrests – height, angle, and depth adjustable for perfect support.
- 3) 90-Degree Legrest with Adjustable Footplate – can be set to multiple different positions and angles.
- 4) Adjustable Footplate – the footplate can be angled from 70 degrees to 110 degrees.
All adjustable features on the Flexx Tall are intuitively designed for easy operation and colour coded with a distinct bright colour.
The upholstery is treated with AEGIS Microbe Shield, which is FDA, EPA and EU approved. This anti-microbial upholstery inhibits bacterial and fungal growth, eliminates odour and is designed for easy cleaning, providing a shield to help protect your health.
- As the name suggests, a truly flexible wheelchair with multiple adjustments and options
- Extra deep seat for tall people
- Custom adjustments allow precise user configuration
- Patented ergonomic hand-rims (self-propel models), easy to grip and propel
- Crash-test approved in accordance with ISO 7176-19, suitable for vehicle transportation
- Upholstery is AEGIS Microbe Shield protected
- Wide range of options available. Prescription assessment form available on request. Please call for guidance
- Type: Transit / Self-Propel
- Seat Width: 16”, 17”, 18”, 19” (40, 42.5, 45. 47.5cm)
- Seat Depth: 19”, 20” (47.5, 50cm)
- Seat Height: 18” to 21” (46 to 53cm)
- Backrest Height: 17”, 20”, 15” to 18” (43, 51, 38 to 46cm)
- Armrest Height: 8” to 12” (21 to 29cm)
- Calf Length:15” to 19” (38cm to 48cm)
- Max User Weight: 130kg / 20.5 stone
- Weight: TR 15.2kg / SP 16kg
- Colour: Silver Black.
- Crash Tested: Yes